Skip to main content

4 posts tagged with "sprintnotes"

View All Tags

· One min read
Hannah Nicholas

22 September - 5 October

This sprint theme is a continuation of the previous sprint but with more back-end input. We have created the [[Outpost design system]] which corresponds to some of the earlier work from sprint 1 and 2 spikes around the design system and how it could fit in with the approach for creating a reusable Outpost. We now need to discuss this approach and decide if its the one we really want to take.

We are also preparing for our first Show and Tell on the reusable outpost and will be having a session this sprint to prioritise our goals as we merge with the Greenwich product team in the next two weeks.

  • We have fixed our Open Referral UK compliancy issues
  • Deployed changes around pagination on scout

· One min read
Hannah Nicholas

7 September - 21 September

With our back-end developer on leave, we prioritised the design system. With the help of a product designer from the Royal Borough of Greenwich team we set to work on the design system.

We also created (and populated) this github wiki, not just a place to share these sprintnotes, but as a place to share all documentation, guidance and thinking as we make Outpost easier to reuse.

  • We started looking at how to upgrade Outpost to rails 7
  • We looked into our Open Referral UK Compliancy
  • Began putting together an [[Outpost design system]], using storybook we have a monorepo setup ready to be populated
  • Documented all of the current scout components in figma, ready to be standardised with our design tokens approach to the [[Outpost design system]].

· 2 min read
Hannah Nicholas

17 August - 7 September

This was challenging sprint. We decided to extend the sprint to three weeks to attempt to get a bit more done with a limited team.

  • a bug fix and some UI improvements for users marked for deletion in Outpost
  • Show the number of search results returned in scout
  • The beginnings of some of the Outpost Design System work
  • Conversations around the design system and what we will need in relation to whitelabeling, there is a task around the custom 'apps' links that are a feature in Outpost

There were also a couple of key spikes in this sprint to:

  • investigate how to consolidate the APIs
  • investigate the best way to architect Outpost to allow for easier upgrades

We also reviewed our current support and maintenance model. We determined while there are only a limited number of Outpost/Scout instances that our current model works, but it would need to be revisited when we reach six Outpost instances.

We focused our efforts on understanding migration process that would be required to move an existing directory service to Outpost as this will be useful starting point for any local authority wanting to use Outpost.

· One min read
Hannah Nicholas

4 August 22 - 17 August 22

Sprint one was all about getting things setup and clearing pull requests leftover from other projects. The work included:

  • Clearing any outstanding pull requests so we have a good starting point for future work
  • Removed hard-coded references to any single instances of Outpost, to prepare for further white-labelling work.
  • Merging the latest work we have done into the main branch so we will have the latest features going forwards
  • Removed support for preset taxonomies in Scout, meaning we no longer need to rebuild the app every time the taxonomies change in Outpost and taxonomies are now always in sync between Scout and Outpost
  • Added a suite of tools to help with data imports when setting up a new instance of Outpost. This included import scripts, documentation and template spreadsheets ready to fill in with the data to import.
  • Improved validations to minimise bad data getting into the system via forms and data imports
  • Various small bug fixes and security updates